I’m matcha obsessed. You too? Here’s the paleo- and SCD-friendly recipe…
(Makes 6 regular sized donuts OR 18 mini donuts)
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbs matcha green tea
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup ghee/oil of your choice
- 2 tbs honey
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Throw all ingredients in a blender. (Or hand mix the dry and wet ingredients in separate bowls, then slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.) Mix until the batter is very smooth. (This’ll be difficult without a machine; if you’re hand-mixing the batter, melt the ghee/oil first.)
- Pour batter into greased (or non-stick) donut molds, filling them two-thirds up.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- 1 1/2 tbs matcha green tea
- 2 tbs ghee/coconut oil, melted
- Raw honey (to taste)
- Coconut flakes
- Sliced almonds
- Toss matcha green tea, raw honey, and ghee in a food processor and blend until a paste forms.
- Mix almonds and coconut in a shallow bowl.
- Remove the donuts from the pan, and spread the matcha green tea frosting on top of them.
- Roll donut in the almond/coconut mixture.
Inspired byÂ Roost Blog’s Cinnamon Roll Almond-Flour Donuts.