Here’s the recipe…
- 1 1/4 cups finely ground blanched almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill brand blows; JK Gourmet Almond Flour is my fav)
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground Himalayan pink salt (or whatever salt you’ve got on hand)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup or raw honey
- 1/8 cup organic macademia nut oil (or pastured ghee if you’re cool with non-vegan)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup dark chocolate chips*
- 1/8 cup cacao nibs*
- 1/8 cup chopped walnuts or pecans*
- A pinch of coarse sea salt
- Heat oven to 325 â„‰.
- Have a food processor or Vitamix? Blend everything together but the chocolate chips, cacao nibs, and nuts. Working by hand? Mix almond flour, salt, and baking soda. In a separate small bowl, mix maple syrup/honey, macadamia nut oil, and vanilla. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into dry ingredients, and mix well.
- Mix dark chocolate chips, cacao nibs, and nuts by hand with your favorite spatula.
- Make 5-15 balls of cookie dough and space them evenly on a non-stick cookie sheet (or one lined with parchment paper). Flatten the cookies with the palm of your hand. (The cookies will NOT spread out on their own.) Sprinkle coarse sea salt onto cookies and lightly press it into the dough.
- Bake about 6 minutes, or until the edge of your cookies start to brown.
* You can adjust this amount to taste. I believe you’ll need to add a handful of each and then taste the cookie dough. More than once.